11/18/98: Protocol from Sandra Diaz, bugs from Ling (in Varki Lab).
1. Thaw bugs (E. coli) on ice.
2. Aliquot 100µl cells into pre-chilled 1.5 ml tube. Put excess bugs back into the -70 freezer.
3. Add DNA (1 to 5 µl), swirl tube, incubate on ice for 20 minutes.
4. Heat shock the cells at 42°ree;C fo 40 seconds.
5. Add 1ml SOC; (then transfer to larger tube).
6. Rescue at 37°ree;C for 1 hour, shaking.
7. Spread 50µl, 100µl, (& remainder spun down if difficult ligation) on (LB+Amp ?) plates, --> 37°ree;C ON.
INFO: DH5-alpha bugs ...